These seven layer bar cookies take your favorite Hello Dolly bars and turn them into a soft, chewy cookie. Yum!
Last night around 10 p.m. I really, really wanted a batch of these seven layer bar cookies. But Nathan didn’t love me enough to whip up a batch.
I came across this seven layer bar cookies recipe on Averie Cooks. Everything Averie posts on her site makes me want to lick the screen (computer or smartphone).
If you’re not regularly checking out her recipes on her blog or Instagram, do it now.
The only change I made to this recipe was refrigerating the dough immediately after mixing rather than refrigerating individual scoops of cookie dough. I did scoop the leftover refrigerated dough into a freezable container and froze it for later use.
Those cookies turned out just as yummy.
I know, I know…how could I possibly have leftover cookie dough? I actually doubled the recipe thinking it wouldn’t make enough. I was delighted to find it made too much!
Printable recipe for seven layer bar cookies below.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped graham crackers and crumbs (about 4 full-size crackers)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In the large bowl of a stand mixer, combine butter, sugars, egg and vanilla. Beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Scrape sides of bowl and add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined.
- Fold in graham crackers (include crumbs), chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and coconut.
- Cover dough and refrigerate or at least 2 hours before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- Using a medium cookie dough scoop, scoop dough onto baking sheet; space cookies at least 2 inches apart. Bake for 8 to 9 minutes or until edges have set and tops are just beginning to set. Do not bake longer than 9 minutes!
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 3 to 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
FOLLOW HALF-SCRATCHED ON INSTAGRAM (@half_scratched) and share the recipes you're whipping up in the kitchen. Don't forget the #HALFSCRATCHED hashtag so we can see what you've made!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 304 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 30mg Sodium: 129mg Carbohydrates: 36g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 25g Protein: 3g
If you’re in the freshly baked cookie mood (and who isn’t?), you may also enjoy these cookie recipes.
And if what you really want is cookie dough, try these babies…