Quadruple chocolate grasshopper cookies — rich chocolate cookies packed with chocolate chips and dark chocolate chunks and topped with Andes mint candies.
I’m not going to go on and on about how rich, chocolaty and scrumptious these quadruple chocolate grasshopper cookies are when your time could be much better spent baking a batch of these to-die-for cookies. I mean, we’re talking a rich chocolate cookie packed with both semisweet chocolate chips and dark chocolate chunks. That’s triple chocolate right there! Then you add a creamy, chocolaty, minty frosting (of sorts) on top and you have some serious quadruple chocolate action going on.
It’s a party in your mouth, believe you me.
The secret to that creamy, gooey topping is using Andes Creme de Menthe Thins. You place one on top of the hot cookies, wait a minute or two and then gently spread the melted chocolate mint candy over the top of the triple chocolate cookie. (I love a good angled icing spatula for this job!) Quadruple chocolate never tasted so good!
These quadruple chocolate grasshopper cookies are always a hit at parties and gatherings, so plan on doubling the batch if you want more than one for yourself. In fact, triple it and then freeze the extra before heading to the party. No one will ever know!
Printable recipe for quadruple chocolate grasshopper cookies below. Enjoy!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 2 (4.67-oz) packages Andes Creme De Menthe Thins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Add flour mixture gradually to creamed mixture, beating well. Fold in chocolate chips and chocolate chunks.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or just until set.
- Remove from oven and gently place an unwrapped Andes Creme De Menthe Thin on top of each cookie. Wait about a minute until mint thins have begun to melt. Gently spread the melted mints over the top of the cookies.
- Let cool 2 minutes before carefully removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Post may include affiliate links to help support my Diet Coke habit.
Healthy orange oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
If you’re looking for more yummy recipes, you should browse my “best of” Pinterest board.
Feel free to “like” Is This Really My Life on Facebook. It won’t earn you an extra entry in a giveaway but it will give you warm fuzzies.