I kid you not, these peanut butter brownies are my absolute most favorite brownies in the whole entire world. I first posted the recipe almost four years ago, long before any food photography skills kicked in. I've been dying to redo the recipe and photos for forever...and not just because I wanted an excuse to bake and eat an entire batch.
Actually, I baked these as part of a peanut butter chocolate trifle I made for George's birthday, but you'll have to wait a week or two before seeing that bowl of amazingness.
If you want to see how I swirled the peanut butter, you can check my original peanut butter swirl brownies post. Just don't judge me by the photos. I've definitely improved since then.
The peanut butter brownies haven't improved, but that's because they were perfect to begin with.
Printable recipe for peanut butter brownies below.
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 package Betty Crocker Original Supreme brownie mix (with chocolate syrup pouch)
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13-inch rectangular pan.
- Combine peanut butter, sugar, flour and eggs in a medium bowl and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Combine brownie mix, chocolate syrup, water, oil and eggs in a medium bowl and mix until well blended.
- Spread in greased pan and drop peanut butter mixture by large tablespoonfuls onto batter.
- Swirl peanut butter into batter using a knife. (I usually go up and down, then side to side.)
- Bake brownies for 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely before serving.
If you're a fan of brownies (i.e., if you love yummy things), you might also like these baked goodies.