Madison and her friend Olivia thought it would be super awesome to make these Reese’s-inspired peanut butter bars because they’re super easy and require only a few ingredients.
The idea was awesome, all right, if awesome means wanting to eat the entire pan all by myself. And I could do it too. Fortunately they were a hit with everyone and disappeared quickly, otherwise today’s recipe would be followed by a post about the latest and greatest grapefruit diet.
Printable recipe for peanut butter bars below.
Just make sure you make them when you have a full house. Your hips will thank you.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 10-12 graham cracker sheets (20-24 squares), finely crushed
- 1 (16-oz.) bag semisweet chocolate chips
- Line a 9x13-inch pan with parchment paper.
- Mix butter, sugar, peanut butter and graham crackers together in large bowl. Press into the bottom of the 9x13-inch pan. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes or until peanut butter is set..
- Place chocolate chips in a microwaveable bowl. Melt for 1 minute on half (50%) power. Stir. Melt in additional 30 second increments (half power) until smooth.
- Remove pan from freezer and spread melted chocolate over peanut butter mixture. Return to freezer for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove from freezer 5 minutes before serving (makes it easier to cut into squares).
- Refrigerate any leftovers (if you have them!).
Feel free to “like” is this REALLY my life? on Facebook. It won’t always earn you an extra entry in a giveaway but it will give you warm fuzzies.