Pretty sure we’re due for another awesome song and Nico Vega’s “I Believe (Get Over Yourself)” is just that. I thank my friend and fellow Imagine Dragons fan Stephanie for introducing me to Nico Vega. And then introducing me to Egyptian, a project that pairs Nico Vega lead singer Aja Volkman with husband Dan Reynolds, lead singer of aforementioned Imagine Dragons.
Nico Vega puts out some pretty serious (literally and figuratively) music. My current faves are “Beast” (get ready for some serious headbanging), “Be Giving” (more headbanging), and “Gravity” (a bit on the lighter side). Oh, and let’s not forget “We Are the Art.” I absolutely LOVE that one.
Don’t be surprised if “I Believe (Get Over Yourself)” becomes your personal anthem. It became mine the minute I heard it.
Nico Vega — “I Believe (Get Over Yourself)”
Previous music faves:
- “Brave” by Sara Bareilles & “Happy” by Pharrell Williams
- “Come With Me Now” by KONGOS
- “Jump Rope” by Blue October
- “Drugstore Montmartre” by Sarah W Papsun
- “Safe and Sound” by Capital Cities
- “Faster” by Matt Nathanson
- “Something Beautiful” by The Newsboys
- “Lollipop” by MIKA
- “White Sky” by Vampire Weekend
Feel free to “like” is this REALLY my life? on Facebook. It won’t always earn you an extra entry in a giveaway but it will give you warm fuzzies.