I was browsing my cookbook of power (i.e., my overflowing binder of printed recipes, a third of which I’ve actually made) and stumbled across these magical mint cookies. Hello, chocolate + Candy Cane Hershey’s Kisses + powdered sugar. I am SO making those.
And I so did!
I was surprised at how much my kids loved these cookies. There were a total hit, so it’s probably good we took most of them to our neighborhood’s annual Walk to Bethlehem.
Though they require a little more effort due to forming the dough around the Candy Cane Kisses, they’re well worth it. Just ask my kids.
Oh, wait. I did all the work.
These magical mint cookies would be the perfect addition to your holiday cookie plates, especially if you’re leaving a plate on my doorstep.
Printable recipe for magical mint cookies below.
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup baking cocoa
- 1 pkg Candy Cane Kisses, unwrapped
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter, sugar, and vanilla together in a large bowl until creamy.
- Whisk together flour and cocoa in a separate bowl; add to butter mixture, beating until thoroughly combined.
- Mold about a tablespoon of dough around each Candy Cane Kiss, covering completely. Shape into balls.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool completely before rolling in or dusting with powdered sugar.
Here are a few other cookie recipes you may want to bake this holiday season:
And if you absolutely love cookies (can I get a “heck, yes!”), you’ll definitely want to check out my “cookies” Pinterest board. It’s full of all kinds of drool-worthy cookie recipes.
Feel free to “like” is this REALLY my life? on Facebook. It won’t always earn you an extra entry in a giveaway but it will give you warm fuzzies.