Thank you Tillamook for sponsoring this post. For a limited time this fall, try Tillamook’s Extra Sharp White Cheddar Slices! Available at Costco.
This easy jalapeno popper grilled cheese sandwich combines that amazing jalapeno popper flavor with bacon and sharp white cheddar for one irresistible gourmet grilled cheese!
What is it about jalapeno poppers that make those little peppery bundles of goodness so good? Perhaps it’s the hot, creamy filling. Or maybe the hint of bacon (if you’re not vegetarian).
Or maybe it’s that combination of creamy and spicy.
Whatever the reason, stuffed jalapenos are one of my favorite appetizers, which is why I am so completely in love with this easy jalapeno popper grilled cheese sandwich.
While most jalapeno grilled cheese sandwich recipes call for fresh jalapeno peppers, I love shortcuts. I don’t know about you, but I rarely think far enough ahead to buy fresh jalapeno peppers let alone roast them.
This recipe for jalapeno grilled cheese calls for canned diced jalapenos;something I always have on hand—along with the cream cheese, sour cream, bacon pieces (another shortcut!), sharp white cheddar cheese, and green onions.
Of course, if you don’t have green onions on hand, you can totally make this jalapeno grilled cheese without them!
Another tweak that makes this jalapeno grilled cheese easier AND tastier than other recipes is the cheese. This recipe doesn’t settle for your typical shredded cheese or cheddar slices; it’s way too good for that!
Drumroll for the secret ingredient, please…
Introducing, for the first time EVER, Tillamook Extra Sharp White Cheddar Slices—quite possibly the tastiest sharp white cheddar cheese I’ve ever had the pleasure of eating.
Made with only three simple ingredients and naturally aged for 15 months (it’s how they achieve that tangy perfection), Tillamook’s creamy yet robust Extra Sharp White Cheddar Slices are the perfect addition to jalapeno popper grilled cheese sandwiches.
When you’re not making these easy jalapeno popper grilled cheese sandwiches, you can put those Tillamook slices on these easy slow cooker buffalo ranch chicken sliders, French dip sliders, or in this meatball marinara grilled cheese.
You could also cut Tillamook slices into quarters and make it part of your holiday cheese platter. Or eat them plain, which is my favorite thing to do.
Tillamook’s Extra Sharp White Cheddar Slices are available for only a limited time this fall. Head to your local Costco ASAP for your two-pound package of bold sharp white cheddar flavor and then get makin’ these jalapeño grilled cheese sandwiches!
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 T low-fat sour cream
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 4 T canned diced jalapenos, drained and patted dry (about half a 4-oz can)
- 4 T real bacon pieces (or cooked, diced bacon)
- 4 slices Tillamook Extra Sharp White Cheddar
- 8 slices bread
- Preheat non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Combine cream cheese, sour cream, green onions, diced jalapenos, and bacon in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Place bread slices on a cutting board or parchment paper. Spread a thin layer of butter on top of each slice. Gently flip four slices over and spread with 2 heaping tablespoons of cream cheese mixture.
- Layer ingredients in pan in following order: one slice plain bread (butter side down), one slice cheese, one slice bread with cream cheese mixture (butter side up). Cook until golden brown; flip and cook on second side until golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
FOLLOW HALF-SCRATCHED ON INSTAGRAM (@half_scratched) and share the recipes you're whipping up in the kitchen. Don't forget the #HALFSCRATCHED hashtag so we can see what you've made!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 528Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 1151mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 3gSugar: 9gProtein: 19g
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.