Remember those amazing gingerbread houses submitted last year for the Ivory Homes 2nd Annual Gingerbread House Contest? They looked something like this:
The 3rd Annual Ivory Homes Gingerbread House Contest entries were even better. I know because I was able to preview some of the amazing— and AMAZING doesn’t begin to cover it—gingerbread houses submitted this year. Think Angry Birds, a sneak peek inside the North Pole (vending machine and all) and oodles of square feet fondant…all to scale.
You can check out some of this year’s entries (and vote for your fave) on the Ivory Homes Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/ivoryhomes/app_180881568718542.
Of course, they aren’t nearly as impressive as the Hostess-inspired gingerbread house I made during the Ivory Homes blogger night:
I spy the following Hostess products:
- orange cupcake (chimney)
- crumble donuts (shingles)
- powdered donuts (snowman and windows)
- chocolate donut (wreath)
- bear claw (front door and back bow window)
- banana nut muffins (rooftop)
I bought all those items to sell on eBay during the Hostess frenzy but never found the time to list them. I think they went to a good home, don’t you?
My gingerbread house may not have been the most artistic but I DID make the biggest mess:
And I learned an REI customer rewards card makes a great knife in case of emergency.
Though I didn’t receive the grand prize for the gingerbread house or the mess, I did get honorable mention, aka the Lame-alicious Award for my overall Hostess theme.
Hostess going out of business is lame, not the house. Obviously.
Before I announce the contest and linky party, I have to show you the gingerbread house that won the grand prize:
I am so very proud to call Stephanie my friend. Leave it to her to hang a gingerbread man from a candy cane rooftop, decapitate him and leave his leg lying in a pool of blood next to a French snowman named Pierre.
And now for the Ivory Homes gingerbread house contest and linky party! Here are the details:
- Contest starts at 7am Tuesday, December 4th and ends at midnight Friday, December 7th.
- You can link up any creative Christmas creation but ONLY gingerbread houses are eligible for prizes.
- If entering a gingerbread house, your house must be based on an Ivory Home design.
- Your post must include the contest badge (below) linked to THIS POST and an image of the Ivory Home on which it’s based.
- The gingerbread house must be 100% edible.
- Prizes include $200 for 1st place, $100 for 2nd place and $50 for 3rd place.
- We ask that you also advertise on other social media (Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook).
Feel free to “like” is this REALLY my life? on Facebook. It won’t always earn you an extra entry in a giveaway but it will give you warm fuzzies.