For some reason I did a lot of cooking last week. I even made homemade chicken taquitos.
Totally patted myself on the back for that one!
I think all the meal making happened because I finally took a page out of Steph‘s book and actually planned our meals for the week. Changing up Taco Tuesday went so well, I thought I’d change up Waffle Wednesday (i.e., breakfast for dinner) as well. Looking through my recipe binder of power (aka the binder of power) I found my friend’s breakfast casserole I’d made a couple years ago—one of those “I totally forgot about this and we totally loved it!” recipes.
I love those!
True to form, this hash brown breakfast quiche was still a hit. (Well, it was a hit with four out of six of us; I consider that success when it comes to dinnertime.)
This is one of those recipes where you can easily keep the ingredients on hand. I stock up on the diced ham and Swiss cheese when they’re on sale, and I always double the recipe so we have two quiches. Might as well use the entire bag of hash browns!
Another bonus: the leftovers keep well in the refrigerator and are great for a quick breakfast the next morning.
Seriously. Make two of these breakfast quiches. You won’t regret it…unless you’re the only one who will eat it, then you might regret eating two full quiches over the course of a week.
Printable recipe for hash brown breakfast quiche below.
- ½ bag frozen hash browns, thawed (I use the shredded hash browns)
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup diced ham
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9-inch pie pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place hash browns in pan and drizzle with melted butter. Bake for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl combine eggs, milk and seasoning salt and whisk thoroughly. Set aside.
- On top of cooked hash browns, evenly layer cheddar cheese, Swiss cheese and finally the ham. Pour egg mixture over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until eggs are set. Remove from oven and let sit for 3 to 5 minutes. Serve warm.