I'm pretty sure you could figure out how to make a grasshopper pie without my help, but I'm still going to post the recipe because it features my very favorite Oreo crust. It also uses my favorite mint-flavored ice cream, which is Breyer's Oreos Cookies & Cream Mint.
This grasshopper pie is a joy to make because it takes such little effort yet is one of my family's favorite desserts. It's also a joy to photograph because I always eat a slice post photo shoot. I mean, why put a partially melted slice of perfectly good ice cream back in the freezer?
It's too late to eat this "green" ice cream pie for St. Patrick's Day, but that's okay because it's dang good any time of year...even the dead of winter.
Printable recipe for grasshopper pie below.
- 25 Oreo cookies, crushed
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 carton Breyer's Oreo Cookies & Cream Mint ice cream (or your favorite mint ice cream)
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate sauce
- Optional toppings: Hot fudge, chopped nuts, chocolate chips, crushed Oreos
- Place crushed Oreo cookies and melted butter in a medium bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Press into a 9-inch pie pan. Set aside.
- Soften ice cream by letting sit on counter for 10 to 15 minutes or microwaving on low power (30%), stirring between 30-second intervals.
- Gently scoop into pie crust and spread evenly.
- Place in freezer until set (approximately 3 to 4 hours).
- Remove a few minutes before serving so ice cream softens enough to slice. Serve topped with chocolate sauce and whipped cream.
Our family's other favorite ice cream pie is this chocolate peanut butter ice cream pie with the same delectable Oreo crust. It features Tillamook's Chocolate Peanut Butter ice cream. And it's to die for.
Feel free to "like" is this REALLY my life? on Facebook. It won't always earn you an extra entry in a giveaway but it will give you warm fuzzies.