Thanks to Taco Tuesday I'm always trying out new Mexican recipes. You can only eat ground turkey tacos so many times before you're ready to change things up. Today's cilantro garlic chicken quesadillas are variation on a recipe I found in Gourmet Garden's newest cookbook, Insider's Guide to Cooking with Herbs and Spices.
These chicken quesadillas use Gourmet Garden cilantro and garlic like last week's crock pot chicken tacos but adds some Gourmet Garden chili pepper for a bit of kick. The recipe is super easy and my family loved these chicken quesadillas. You could easily double the chicken and the freeze the leftovers for a future Taco Tuesday.
Printable recipe for cilantro garlic chicken quesadillas below.
- 1 T olive oil
- ¼ c lime juice
- 2 T Gourmet Garden Cilantro (or chopped fresh cilantro)
- 1 T Gourmet Garden Garlic (or minced garlic)
- 1 T Gourmet Garden Chili Pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or tenders
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 16 taco-size flour tortillas
- Shredded iceberg or Romaine lettuce
- Diced tomato
- Diced avocado
- Sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, garlic and chili pepper.
- Lightly spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray. Place chicken breasts in pan and brush with herb mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Let rest 10 minutes and then thinly slice.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Place a flour tortilla in the pan, add ¼ cup shredded cheese and chicken. Place second tortilla on top and lightly press with a spatula.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and tortilla is lightly toasted. Flip and cook another 2 to 3 minutes until second side is golden brown. Repeat with remaining quesadillas.
- Slice quesadillas into quarters and serve with shredded lettuce, tomato, avocado and sour cream.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1071Total Fat: 44gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 156mgSodium: 1122mgCarbohydrates: 101gFiber: 10gSugar: 3gProtein: 66g
Disclosure: Gourmet Garden provided me with a cooler of herbs and spices and a copy of their new cookbook but did not force me to write a post. I did that all on my own because I love their herbs so very much.