The inspiration for these glazed lemon coconut pudding cookies came as I walked down the baking aisle in my local grocery store. I saw the instant lemon pudding and the shredded coconut and I knew I had to give the combo a try.
I seem to experience a lot of inspirational moments at the grocery store.
Once again my basic pudding cookie recipe didn't fail me. These glazed lemon coconut pudding coookies are super soft and chewy with just the right amount of lemon flavor and mouthfuls of shredded coconut. I thought those Butterfinger pudding cookies were the most scrumptious of all pudding cookies but these may have tied for first place...and I don't even enjoy lemon all that much.
The lemon-flavored glaze with shredded coconut is optional but I'm telling you, don't serve these cookies without it. It takes a nice lemon coconut cookie and turns it into a to-die-for lemon coconut cookie.
Nathan may have told me to hide the cookies while he was on a bike ride with the kids because they're so. dang. addictive.
I totally got it so I totally hid them. Of course, I know exactly where they are...
Printable recipe for glazed lemon coconut pudding cookies below. Enjoy!
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 (3.4-oz) package instant lemon pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups shredded coconut
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 3 T milk
- ¾ tsp lemon extract
- Shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour and baking soda in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugars in a large bowl. Beat in instant pudding mix until blended. Add vanilla and eggs and mix well.
- Add flour mixture and mix until thoroughly combined. Fold in coconut.
- Place rounded tablespoonfuls of dough on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are set. Let cool 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined. Top cookies with glaze and sprinkle with shredded coconut. Allow to set before serving or storing.
Here are some other pudding cookies you might (okay, you'll totally) enjoy: