This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of AllWhites Egg Whites. All opinions are 100% mine.
I don't always eat healthy or "skinny" my recipes, but that doesn't mean I'm not willing to try a healthier version of a breakfast favorite like frittata.
I'm an egg yolk kinda gal (it's my favorite part of the hard-boiled egg), and this recipe for frittata bites use AllWhites Egg Whites in place of every single egg.
You can imagine I was a bit skeptical about both texture and flavor, but I'm here to tell you these frittata bites lack neither.
Each frittata bite is packed with spinach, tomatoes, Italian cheeses and the perfect mix of seasoning. The only thing I'd change is to add maybe a 1/2 tsp of salt and a dash more pepper.
It's hard to believe this frittata recipe has low Weight Watchers points (0 PointsPlus value per serving) with only 53 calories per serving and 5 grams of protein. That's all thanks to AllWhites 100% liquid egg whites.
They're fat free, cholesterol free and a low-calorie alternative to regular eggs—ideal for fueling your fitness goals and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. They're also a lean source of protein and can be used in any recipe that calls for eggs.
Curious about how you can incorporate AllWhites Egg Whites into your daily meal routine? Check out AllWhites Egg Whites Favorites, an awesome collection of egg white-friendly recipes.
Printable recipe for frittata bites below!
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 medium leeks, halved and sliced
- 2½ cups AllWhites® egg whites
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- ½ tsp dried Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 pkg. (10-oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
- 1 cup chopped plum tomato (about 3 medium)
- 1 cup (4-oz) finely shredded Italian cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with foil; spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and leeks; cook and stir about 4 minutes or until tender. Cool.
- Beat AllWhites egg whites, salt, Italian seasoning, nutmeg and pepper together in large bowl. Stir in spinach, tomatoes, leek mixture, and ¾ cup cheese until well blended.
- Spread mixture in prepared pan; sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup cheese.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until center is set. Cool on wire rack.
- Lift frittata from pan, using foil. Cut into 2-inch squares. Serve warm or at room temperature.