Though my site is considered a “lifestyle” blog (you can read my thoughts on that here), it’s definitely heavy on the recipes. What can I say? I like to make—and eat—good food. I’m told a lot of people feel the same way. Of course my recipe-heavy lifestyle blog is a very small sprinkle on a very large cupcake.
The Interweb is full of many amazing food blogs out there, my favorite ones to follow are those that feature recipes I’ll really and truly make (and not just pin) or those owned by women I’ve met in real life who have since become friends. I feel like those are pretty good criteria, and if they are heavy on desserts or pasta, even better.
Here is a compilation—in no particular order—of 20 food blogs you should follow. I hope you’ll discover some new favorites because as far as I’m concerned, you can never have too many recipes in your virtual recipe box.
20 Food Blogs You Should Follow*
* No, really. You totally should.
- Vintage Mixer — Becky is simply the cutest and a huge supporter of buying local. I love her seasonal recipes.
- Taste and Tell — Our family adores Deborah’s gourmet hot dogs and she’s provided enough recipes for #TacoTuesday to keep us happy for months.
- Oh Sweet Basil — Carrian is one of the first food bloggers I met in real life. I adore her and her recipes.
- Completely Delicious — Enough said. Every recipe on her site looks absolutely and completely delicious.
- Barbara Bakes — Barbara is another one of my food blogging friends. She bakes the yummiest desserts around.
- Damn Delicious — The name alone makes me smile and her recipes are just that.
- Pinch of Yum — This site, like a few others on the list, has some of the most beautiful food photography.
- Sweet Treats & More — Kristy is sweeter than the desserts she posts on her site (if that’s possible). Great family-friendly recipes.
- White on Rice Couple — I fell in love with Todd and Diane after attending one of their food photography workshops. An amazing couple with stunning photography and recipes.
- A Southern Fairytale — I don’t get enough of Rachel and her southern hospitality. She’s one of my faves.
- Minimalist Baker — Truly minimalist recipes that look and sound and taste delicious.
- Cafe Johnsonia — Lindsey makes some of the freshest recipes around featuring local products and lots of good-for-you recipes.
- Pressure Cooking Today — a new site by Barbara that has me jonesing for a pressure cooker. I don’t have one yet but still pin about every recipe.
- I Wash…You Dry — Shawn makes some of the most mouthwatering appetizers I’ve seen. I wish she were my next-door neighbor.
- No Diets Allowed — Kami’s smoothies look too decadent to be healthy but they are. Mmm…
- Averie Cooks — When Averie’s Instagram photos come through my feed, I nearly lick the screen. They are THAT good.
- Sally’s Baking Addiction — Another favorite site for desserts and all things sweet and delicious.
- Two Peas & Their Pod — I’ve known Maria for a few years and she posts some of the most amazing recipes. (Her cookies are my favorite!)
- Budget Gourmet Mom — Krista is as sweet and they come. I love her blog because you’ll find life stories mixed in with recipes the entire family will love.
- FoodieCrush — Heidi’s site is my go-to reference for amazing food photography and nspiration for new recipes. Her FoodieCrush magazine is a total win and her posts are always worth reading.
Just know this list isn’t complete. I’m going to have to do a part two because there are at least a handful of other food blogs you need to follow…blogs like Lemon Tree Dwelling, Cooking with Ruthie and Simple Plate.
Before I end this post, I want to say thank you to my wonderful ITRML readers and recipe triers. When one of our family favorites becomes one of yours, it makes my heart super happy.
Feel free to “like” is this REALLY my life? on Facebook. It won’t always earn you an extra entry in a giveaway but it will give you warm fuzzies.