If you’re a fan of non-alcoholic dirty Diet Coke, you’ll love this dirty Diet Coke float—Diet Coke, coconut gelato and a splash of lime!
Though my drink of choice is Diet Coke over pebble ice with a splash of vanilla, I’ve been known to enjoy a dirty Diet Coke from time to time. Being LDS (i.e., alchohol free), “dirty” in a dirty Diet Coke means coconut syrup and fresh lime.
Since it’s summer and all—and enjoying any opportunity to enjoy Diet Coke and gelato—I figured turning the traditional non-alcoholic dirty Diet Coke into a dirty Diet Coke float was a brilliant move on my part.
Brilliant was right.
This tasty beverage (or is it a dessert?) is heaven on the taste buds. Though I avoid drinking my calories whenever possible, I totally made an exception for this baby.
The creamy coldness of the coconut gelato mixed with the awesomeness that is Diet Coke and a splash of fresh lime juice is perfection in a glass.
If you love a dirty Diet Coke, you’ll love this dirty Diet Coke float. And if you prefer the alcoholic version of dirty Diet Coke, I bet you could easily tweak the recipe…
Printable recipe for dirty Diet Coke float below. Enjoy!
- 2 (12-oz) cans Diet Coke (make sure they're cold!)
- 1 pint Talenti Caribbean Coconut gelato (or your favorite homemade coconut ice cream)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Pour half a can of Diet Coke in each of two glasses.
- Add two scoops gelato.
- Top with remaining Diet Coke and garnish with lime wedge.
- Gently squeeze lime into glass before indulging in your dirty Diet Coke float.