As much as I love blogging, there's something to be said for a little offline R&R.
The same is true for life in general. I love my life but that doesn't mean I couldn't use a break from it now and then.
Somehow the people over at Daybreak totally get this and have put together a mini retreat for local bloggers (or non-locals who don't mind the drive to South Jordan, Utah). Enticingly called "Breathing Space," the retreat is a weekend getaway where bloggers will enjoy a bed and breakfast-style stay in their beautiful homes, hands-on workshops, shopping (Oh Sweet Sadie will be going on during your stay) and networking with other bloggers.
They had me at "bed and breakfast" and "shopping."
Curious about the classes? I can pretty much guarantee there's something for everyone when you're given 15 options. Here's a taste:
- Interior design
- Floral arranging
Breathing Space runs from Friday, May 4th at 3:00pm through Saturday, May 5th at 7:00pm. Registration is $75 before April 15th and $85 from April 15th to May 3rd and is limited to 75 bloggers.
The details about your registration...because you're totally dying to know:
- Four catered meals (Friday dinner, Saturday breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
- Seven classes (choose from the 15 offered)
- Dorm-style sleeping arrangements in the beautiful model homes with up to 2 of your closest blogger friends in a room.
- Relaxation and fun (hooray!)
- Sponsor swag (we're talking yummy sponsors like Sweet Tooth Fairy, Chick-fil-A and whippy cake)
You did catch the part about relaxation and fun, right?
I'm sure you've registered by now, but just in case you need a bit more convincing, how about this:
Only 38 days, but who's counting?
And now for the GIVEAWAY!!!
Daybreak is giving away one (1) pass to their Breathing Space blogger retreat!
Bring on the R&R, baby!
To enter, leave a comment telling me your favorite way you try to find a little breathing space (required). Do you lock yourself in your bathroom for a quick pedi, or do you hit the Starbucks drive-thru for a double chocolate frappuccino? Maybe it's a quick nap in the afternoon...one of my favorites.
For extra entries, you can do any/all of the following. Please leave a separate comment for each one you do (each one earns you an extra entry).
- "Like" Breathing Space on Facebook (or tell me you already have).
- "Like" ITRML on Facebook (or tell me you already have).
- Subscribe to ITRML (or tell me you're already a subscriber).
- Tweet about this giveaway using #BreathingSpace and leave the URL of your tweet.
- Update your Facebook status with a link to this giveaway.
This giveaway will end at midnight on Wednesday, April 3rd.
For more details on classes, registration and sponsors, visit BreathingSpaceRetreat.com.
Note: Winner will be notified via email. If no reply is received, a new winner will be drawn.
Disclosure: A big thank-you to Daybreak who provided me with the pass for this giveaway. (To be honest, they offered me a little R&R at the retreat but I couldn't make it. They were nice enough to let me give it to you instead.)