Corned beef and cheddar burgers combine ground beef with corned beef and sharp white cheddar cheese for one of the tastiest burgers you'll ever grill!
I first made these corned beef and cheddar burgers for St. Patrick's Day. Usually I'm all about making traditional Irish dishes like Irish stew with a side of soda bread.
But this year I was all about what sounded good, came together easily, wouldn't heat up my kitchen and fed a lot of people. These Irish-inspired burgers were the answer.
The burgers were such a hit, I knew I had to make them again and share the recipe with you. There's something about the combination of ground beef (lean, of course), corned beef and sharp white cheddar that makes these burgers extra tender and flavorful. Topping them with pickled red cabbage, arugula and spicy mustard hits 'em way out of the burger ballpark!
When I made these Irish burgers the first time, I shaped them by hand hoping they were about ⅓ pound each. The second time I tripled the recipe (it was a big party), so I used a kitchen scale and a burger press, which made the process much easier.
I highly recommend stocking your kitchen with both!
Printable recipe for corned beef and cheddar burgers below. Enjoy!
Pickled red cabbage
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 T kosher salt
- 1 small head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 lb ground beef (at least 90% lean)
- 4 slices corned beef, diced
- 4 oz. sharp white cheddar cheese, cut into ¼-inch cubes
- Salt and pepper
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- Spicy mustard
Pickled red cabbage
- Combine vinegar, sugar, salt and cabbage in a medium bowl. Refrigerate overnight.
- Combine ground beef, corned beef and cheese in a large bowl. Shape into 4 patties; season with salt and pepper.
- Grill burgers over medium heat until cooked to preferred doneness.
- Serve on toasted hamburger buns topped with spicy mustard, pickled red cabbage and arugula. Refrigerate leftovers.
FOLLOW HALF-SCRATCHED ON INSTAGRAM (@half_scratched) and share the recipes you're whipping up in the kitchen. Don't forget the #HALFSCRATCHED hashtag so we can see what you've made!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 426Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 113mgSodium: 1159mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 33g
Here are a few salads you could totally enjoy with your Irish burgers!