When my chocolate-loving Lauren asks for a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, what she really wants is a super decadent chocolate fudge cake filled with cookie dough and topped with a semisweet chocolate glaze. (I double checked to make sure that's what she was thinking before I set out to try the new cake. I was totally right.)
I dare you to try it and not like it.
Next time I'm going to use my favorite peanut butter cookie recipe for the frozen dough. I'm drooling all over the keyboard just thinking about the possibilities.
Printable recipe for cookie dough-filled triple chocolate bundt cake with chocolate glaze below. (Just in case you were wondering, it's triple chocolate due to the triple chocolate cake mix, mini chocolate chips and semisweet chocolate glaze.)
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 box Betty Crocker Triple Chocolate Fudge cake mix
- 1 large box instant devil’s food pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup warm water
- 2 cups mini semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 T butter
- 1 T light corn syrup
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and sea salt; set aside.
- Beat the butter and both sugars with an electric mixer until smooth. Add egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Mix in the flour mixture until just incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips, mixing just enough to evenly combine.
- Form the dough into tablespoon-sized balls; place onto a baking sheet, and freeze until solid, about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, oil, eggs and water. Beat on medium speed for two minutes. Stir in chocolate chips and pour ⅔ of the batter into a greased and floured bundt pan.
- Place frozen cookie dough balls about a ½ inch apart around the bundt pan and top with remaining cake batter.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool cake thoroughly in pan for a good hour and a half before turning over onto a serving platter. Top with chocolate glaze and sprinkle with chopped pecans and shredded coconut (optional).
- Combine ingredients in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave on high for 30 to 45 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds, until completely melted. Do not overcook!
- Spread or pour warm glaze over top of cake and let drizzle down the sides.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 759Total Fat: 53gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 29gCholesterol: 119mgSodium: 382mgCarbohydrates: 73gFiber: 4gSugar: 53gProtein: 8g