Coconut chocolate chunk cookies are a total crowd pleaser. They're soft, chewy and the perfect dessert for backyard barbecues or poolside picnics!
I really didn't think I'd find a cookie recipe I'd like as much as my pudding cookie recipe. Pudding cookies never fail me and are always soft and chewy. But these coconut chocolate chunk cookies pleasantly surprised me. They didn't spread out flat as pancakes like other classic chocolate chip cookie recipes I've tried and the flavor and texture were spot on.
The hint of coconut was the perfect addition and paired delightfully well with the semisweet chocolate chunks. Of course, what doesn't pair well with chocolate?
There's nothing fancy about these coconut chocolate chunk cookies—no special ingredients or need for refrigeration before baking. I do recommend using a scoop (as I do for pretty much all my cookie recipes) because it's the best way to make your cookies turn out evenly. I so love perfectly portioned cookie dough!
Printable recipe for coconut chocolate chunk cookies below. Enjoy!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups flour
- 1 (11.5-oz) bag semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Mx in salt, baking powder, baking soda and flour. Add chocolate chunks and coconut.
- Use a medium scoop or large spoon to place rounded tablespoonfuls of dough onto ungreased cookie sheet spaced about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes but no more! Cookies will be very soft. Remove from oven and let cool 2 minutes before placing on a cooling rack. Cookies will set as they cool. Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 217Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 141mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 2g