Coconut almond Chex mix becomes twice as irresistible after adding Golden Grahams and mini semisweet chocolate chips to the classic recipe.
Before making this coconut almond Chex mix with grahams and chocolate, I thought this heavenly Chex mix was my favorite Chex mix.
Good thing I have room on my list of favorite unhealthy snacks for two favorites because this variation of the popular coconut almond Chex mix is as addictive as crack cocaine. And it's far more affordable and less damaging to your life, so I consider it a total win.
I don't know what it is about the addition of some Golden Grahams cereal and those itty bitty mini semisweet chocolate chips, but they totally do the trick.
And by trick I mean they make it so I have no problem eating an entire sheet pan of the stuff.
Maybe it's because the flavor of this coconut almond Chex mix is reminiscent of those s'mores bars I love so very much. Or maybe it's simply because I love coconut, almonds, grahams, chocolate and all the sugar.
This coconut almond Chex mix with Golden Grahams and chocolate comes together in about 15 minutes total, so it's right up there with krispie treats as a fantastic last-minute dessert recipe.
It's also right up there with krispie treats as a "devoured in 60 seconds or less" dessert recipe. Enjoy!
- 6 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 6 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups slice almonds
- ½ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup salted butter
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- Combine Chex cereal, Golden Grahams cereal, coconut and almonds in a large bowl; set aside.
- Combine Corn syrup, sugar and butter in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; boil 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and let cool 2 minutes.
- Pour syrup mixture over cereal mixture; toss until cereal mixture is evenly coated.
- Spread mix on cookie sheets. Allow to cool 2 minutes and then sprinkle with chocolate chips. DON'T TOUCH mixture until completely cool as the chocolate chips get a little soft because of the slightly warm mix.
- Once completely cool, store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- NOTE: Not all the chocolate chips will stick to the mix but enough of them will to make it yummy! If you want more sticking power, you could try sprinkling them after only 1 minute of cool time on the cookie sheets.
FOLLOW HALF-SCRATCHED ON INSTAGRAM (@half_scratched) and share the recipes you're whipping up in the kitchen. Don't forget the #HALFSCRATCHED hashtag so we can see what you've made!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 297Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 247mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 3gSugar: 27gProtein: 4g