Today was a crappy, crappy day. How did I get through it? With fistfuls of M&M's, a bite-size Kit Kat or two (or three or four) and a freshly baked batch of chocolate chip cookies. When I'm having a bad day, chocolate is what gets me through. Here are my top five chocolate-related indulgences I am most thankful for this week.
- sweetriot peaces--sweetriot covers small 'peaces' of the cacao bean in yummy dark chocolate. sweetriot's cacao nibs are all-natural, antioxidant-packed straight chocolate and only 140 calories a serving. Plus by eating sweetriot peaces I'm supporting a company whose mission is "to create a more just and celebrated multicultural world for our next generation."
- green M&M's--M&M's "The New Color of Love" green candies bring back memories of high school dances and how quickly those green M&M's disappeared. Rumor had it they made you horny...like high school students need any help in that department!
- Stephen's Candycane Cocoa--This is my favorite holiday flavor from Stephen's. Their Candycane Cocoa has tiny bits of crushed candy cane in the mix making for a smooth, creamy, chocolaty, minty late-night treat. Don't forget the marshmallows!
- chocolate chip cookies--Hot from the oven, of course! One of my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipes (besides the legendary Nieman Marcus one) is from AllRecipes. Make your own batch of Award Winning Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies (make sure you try it with a box of chocolate fudge pudding mix if it's a really bad day).
- Cocoa Puffs--Whether it's a late-night snack or a treat after my healthy bowl of Total, Cocoa Puffs have been one of my favorite cereals since I can remember. There's nothing like finishing off that yummy chocolate milk once the cereal's gone!
What are your favorite chocolate indulgences? I'm always looking for more to add to my list. Chocolate is the best medicine for a bad mood, and for me it's 100% effective! --Emily