Remember those delightful M&Ms pudding cookies I baked back in April? I do. I can still taste the perfect combination of pudding cookie and milk chocolate M&Ms candies. Mmm... And when a recipe makes you go "mmm" you take every opportunity to bake it. Harvest Blend M&Ms gave me such an opportunity.
I combined them with chocolate pudding cookie dough to create these chocolate harvest blend M&Ms pudding cookies...and they were even yummier than the original.
The funny thing is I don't love plain M&Ms straight from the bag (peanut and peanut butter M&Ms are a different story), but throw them into this cookie recipe and I can eat a bag's worth in record time.
The chocolate pudding cookie dough compliments the Harvest Blend M&Ms in both taste and color making them the perfect kid-friendly dessert for your Thanksgiving parties. But you better grab a bag of those M&Ms now—if you can still find them. Next year I'm stocking up the minute they hit store shelves.
Even if your holiday dessert baking is well underway, it's not too late to pick up my favorite cookie scoop and silicone baking mat. Along with my refurbished Kitchen-Aid mixer (because it's just like new for about $100 less!), I can't live without them when it comes to whipping up delicious, decadent recipes!
Printable recipe for chocolate harvest blend M&Ms pudding cookies below. Enjoy!
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 (3.4-oz) package chocolate pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 package Harvest Blend M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour and baking soda in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugars in a large bowl. Beat in instant pudding mix until blended. Add vanilla and eggs and mix well.
- Add flour mixture and mix until thoroughly combined. Fold in M&Ms.
- Place rounded tablespoonfuls of dough on ungreased cookie sheet or silicone baking mat. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are set. Let cool 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 229Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 260mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 3g
The original M&Ms pudding cookies that inspired this post:
Here are some other pudding cookies you might (okay, you'll totally) enjoy:
- Chocolate peanut butter pudding cookies
- Red velvet pudding cookies
- Mounds pudding cookies
- Salted dark chocolate pistachio pudding cookies
- Lucky Charms cookies
- Twix pudding cookies (and a pudding cookie fail)
- M&Ms pudding cookies
- Butterfinger pudding cookies
- Glazed lemon coconut pudding cookies
- Butterscotch coconut chocolate chip pudding cookies
- Candy corn cookies
- Candy corn creme pudding cookies