Believe it or not, these chocolate chip pretzel cookies aren't a variation on my pudding cookie recipe. Though those still remain one of my favorite cookie doughs, I branched out and tried something a bit different. And these salty, sweet, slightly crunchy cookies didn't disappoint.
With a healthy (and by healthy I mean loaded) mix of crunchy, salty pretzel pieces and semisweet chocolate chips, these chocolate chip pretzel cookies are perfect for those like myself who find the salt-sweet combo extremely irresistible.
Sometimes my late-night snack consists of goldfish crackers followed by bite-size Twix.
If your cookies tend to spread a bit too much while baking, try chilling the dough for a half hour or so. It was about 80 degrees in my kitchen when I baked these so they needed a little chilling before each batch.
You know what would make these even better? Caramel. I'm going to hav eto figure out how to incorporate some ooey, gooey caramel into the mix next time.
Printable recipe for chocolate chip pretzel cookies below. Enjoy!
- 1 cup plus 2 T unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup plus 2 T sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 T water
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups broken pretzel pieces
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugars in a medium bowl until well mixed. Add eggs, water and vanilla and beat until fluffy.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix until thoroughly combined. Fold in pretzels and chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges start turning a light golden brown. Let sit 2 minutes on cookie sheet before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.