I'm always on the lookout for a cookie recipe that freezes well because let's be honest, a frozen cookie after 10:00 p.m. at night is one of the best treats, like, ever. Every time I visit my mom, she has these delicious chocolate chip coconut cookies tucked away in her freezer so my dad can pack them in his lunch for work.
How adorable is that? If only I were that nice...
I whipped up a batch of these chocolate chip coconut cookies a couple days ago and they're gone.
Completely and utterly and devastatingly gone.
Pretty sure that means it's time to bake another batch. Or two. Maybe three so I can freeze a couple dozen for late-night snacking.
If you're all about consistency in cookie size, you'll want to invest in a cookie scoop. My favorite is the OXO medium cookie scoop, but if you're counting calories, you may want to go with the small cookie scoop. I actually own all three sizes and find them indispensable. (The large cookie scoop is great for cupcake and muffin batter!)
Printable recipe for chocolate chip coconut cookies below.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups flour
- 1 (12-oz) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until thoroughly incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine salt, baking powder, baking soda and flour. Add to creamed mixture and mix until thoroughly combined. Fold in chocolate chips and coconut.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake 7 to 8 minutes. Cookies will be soft.
- Let sit 2 minutes on pan before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 145Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 94mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g
Here are a few other freezer-friendly cookie recipes you might enjoy...