These cheesy double potato baked potatoes are ready in less than 15 minutes & make an easy, hearty weeknight meal!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Campbell’s Soup Company . All opinions are 100% mine.
Do you remember those quick & easy mini bread bowls? Not only are the a fantastic game night meal but they also make for a pretty fantastic—and fast—lunch. Well, I have another almost-from-scratch lunch idea you’re gonna love especially when the weather gets chilly: cheesy double potato baked potatoes…and you can make them in less than 15 minutes.
Have you ever microwaved your baked potatoes? I swear it’s the greatest trick since I heard about microwaving corn on the cob, husk and all. A little bit of olive oil, a little salt and pepper and a few minutes in the microwave and you have a hot, ready-for-toppings baked potato.
For these cheesy double potato baked potatoes, I used good ol’ russet potatoes, a can of Campbell’s new Homestyle Light Baked Potato with Bacon & Cheddar soup, sharp cheddar cheese, real bacon pieces, light sour cream and a sprinkling of chives. Forget about lunch—this would make a quick and easy midweek dinner!
I don’t always have yummy homemade soup leftovers for lunch, so it’s good to know there’s a delicious standby that takes only a couple minutes to heat and serve (or use atop a baked potato). Campbell’s Homestyle soups do a pretty great job of putting everything you love about homemade soup in a can like farm-grown vegetables without added preservatives. Plus their Homestyle soups are available in 29 varieties, which means you can top your potato with all kinds of good stuff!
Though I used the Light Baked Potato, you could also try topping your potato with Light Southwestern-Style Vegetable or Creamy Gouda Bisque with Chicken. Heck, I’d even go for some Healthy Request Spicy Vegetable Chili. A handful of shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream and lunch is served!
For more soup inspiration check out Campbell’s new products or any of the delicious Campbell’s recipes on the Campbell’s site. You can also follow @Campbells on Twitter. They’re sharing all kinds of deliciousness like these hot dogs with a spicy cheesy chorizo sauce.
Printable recipe for cheesy double potato baked potatoes below. Enjoy!
- 4 medium russet potatoes, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 to 2 tsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- ½ to 1 can Homestyle Light Baked Potato soup
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Real bacon pieces
- Sour cream
- Rub potatoes with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pierce potatoes with a fork and microwave on high 5 minutes. Turn over potatoes and microwave on high an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until fork inserts easily into potatoes. Cover with foil and set aside.
- Place soup in microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high 2½ to 3½ minutes or until heated through. Carefully remove from microwave; stir to ensure even temperature.
- Remove foil from potatoes and cut each potato in half. Top with soup, cheese, bacon, sour cream and chives. Serve immediately.
If you’re looking for more comfort food recipes, you should browse my comfort food Pinterest board.
Feel free to “like” is this REALLY my life? on Facebook. It won’t always earn you an extra entry in a giveaway but it will give you warm fuzzies.