And the pudding cookies keep on comin'! Not that I'm complaining, mind you. I've enjoyed mixing, baking and eating a (generous) sampling from every batch. Until today, my favorite pudding cookie were these delightful M&Ms pudding cookies. Man, those were scrumptious. But today...today I may have baked a batch of pudding cookies even tastier: Butterfinger pudding cookies.
Butterfinger lovers beware, you may eat at least a half dozen of these babies...and that's just from the first batch.
For these Butterfinger cookies, I took my go-to pudding cookie recipe and added chunks of Butterfinger candy bar. Don't worry, I sampled one of the Fun Size Butterfinger candy bars to make sure the bag I purchased was fresh.
One important thing to remember when baking this pudding cookie variation: the Butterfinger candy bars will crumble as you chop them. Don't worry, you can dump all those yummy flakes into the cookie dough. They make the dough even better!
I pretty froze all but a dozen cookies immediately after photographing them because I wanted to EAT THEM ALL. Not that a freezer has ever stopped me from eating cookies...
Printable recipe for Butterfinger pudding cookies below. Enjoy!
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 (3.4-oz) package vanilla pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 Fun Size Butterfinger candy bars (or equivalent full-size bars), coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour and baking soda in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugars in a large bowl. Beat in instant pudding mix until blended. Add vanilla and eggs and mix well.
- Add flour mixture and mix until thoroughly combined. Fold in plain Butterfinger candy bar AND all those yummy crumbs.
- Place rounded tablespoonfuls of dough on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are set. Let cool 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 32 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 225Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 187mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 3g
Here are some other pudding cookies you might (you'll totally) enjoy: