Buffalo chicken pinwheels are a total crowd pleaser thanks to cream cheese, ranch dressing, buffalo sauce and shredded rotisserie chicken.
These Mexican pinwheels are one of my most popular appetizers because they're not only super tasty but also super easy. Plus, you can make them a day ahead and avoid extra meal prep on party—or game—day. Well ... those Mexican pinwheels may have some competition thanks to these creamy, full-of-kick buffalo chicken pinwheels.
These buffalo chicken pinwheels (or rollups or wraps or whatever you want to call 'em) are just as easy to make and can also be prepped a day ahead. In fact, the flavors taste best if refrigerated for a few hours before serving. And while they're delicious dipped in ranch dressing, I'm partial to blue cheese because I feel it pairs best with buffalo sauce.
You can totally use regular flour tortillas when making buffalo chicken pinwheels, but I prefer spinach tortillas because they add a bit of color and a little extra flavor. I also like to use low-fat cream cheese and shredded rotisserie chicken (I always keep some in the freezer), but feel free to go full-fat cream cheese and/or canned chicken if that's your thing.
Printable recipe for buffalo chicken pinwheels below. Enjoy!
- 2 (8-oz) packages low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 (1-oz) packet ranch seasoning mix
- ½ cup wing sauce
- 1½ cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup shredded medium cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 6 (10-inch) tortillas
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping
- Mix cream cheese and ranch seasoning in the bowl of stand mixer on low speed until combined. Add wing sauce. Beat on low speed until combined. Increase speed to medium and beat for 30 more seconds.
- Stir in the chicken, cheese and green onions with a spatula.
- Spread mixture evenly across tortillas. Roll and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Slice and serve with a side of ranch or blue cheese dressing.