Better than sex Chex mix features Chocolate Chex cereal, peanut butter cups, caramel, two kinds of chocolate & a sprinkling of coarse sea salt. I’m not gonna lie, it’s orgasmic.
Post may include affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and purchase something, you won’t pay anything extra but it will help support this blog.
As much as I enjoy sex, I have no problem letting something like this death by chocolate bundt cake take its place on occasion. Sometimes all a girl really wants is to wear sweats and fuzzy socks and indulge in a sinfully delicious dessert while watching her favorite chick flick. When it’s that kind of night, this better than sex Chex mix is the only thing that will do.
It’s also great for late-night gift-wrapping sessions in your bedroom. And no, that’s not a euphemism.
We’re talking Chocolate Chex cereal, peanut butter cups, caramel and two kinds of chocolate with a sprinkling of coarse sea salt. I’m not gonna lie, it’s fairly orgasmic.
The truly fabulous thing about better than sex Chex mix is its versatility. You can make it for holiday parties, Valentine’s Day gifting, backyard BBQs and back-to-school snacking. Package it in a cute bag with a gold ribbon and you have the perfect New Year’s Eve hostess gift!
Here’s the thing—you’ll want to make it ONLY when you plan to share it. It’s highly addictive and before you know it, you’ve eaten half the pan.
Not that I speak from personal experience.
- 8 cups Chocolate Chex cereal
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 T salted butter
- 3 T light corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup mini peanut butter cups coarsely chopped
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup caramel bits or chopped caramels
- 1 T heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- Measure Chocolate Chex cereal into large microwavable bowl; set aside. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Microwave brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup uncovered in a 2-cup microwavable measuring cup on high 1 to 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, until melted and smooth. Stir in baking soda until dissolved.
- Pour caramel mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Microwave on high 3 minutes, stirring every minute. Spread on cookie sheet. Cool 10 minutes. Break into bite-sized pieces.
- Make sure Chex mix is cool to the touch. Evenly sprinkle mini peanut butter cups and marshmallows over mixture.
- Microwave caramel baking bits and cream uncovered in a small microwavable bowl on high about 1 minute or until chips can be stirred smooth. Use a spoon or fork to drizzle over snack.
- Microwave milk chocolate chips next, starting with 20 seconds and stirring, then at 20 second intervals until mixture is completely smooth (microwave temps vary, so watch the chocolate and stir frequently until it’s of drizzling consistency). Drizzle over snack mix.
- Microwave the white chocolate chips in 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth, and drizzle that over the snack mixture. (Note: The vanilla and milk chocolate chips should not need added cream.)
- Quickly sprinkle coarse sea salt over mix while candy drizzles are still wet. Refrigerate until set. Break apart and store in tightly covered container.
FOLLOW HALF-SCRATCHED ON INSTAGRAM (@half_scratched) and share the recipes you're whipping up in the kitchen. Don't forget the #HALFSCRATCHED hashtag so we can see what you've made!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 426Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 442mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 1gSugar: 49gProtein: 4g