So now we've had Coco for two years and she is my very most favorite lap warmer. I may even catch myself talking to her like adults talk to newborns. It's kind of a problem
Lauren still loves and adores Coco...even if she forgets to feed her from time to time. When Coco turned two in October (she shares a birthday with Madison), Lauren was all over baking some sort of treat—a cupcake for dogs. She scoured the Interwebs and finally found this recipe for banana pupcakes. She baked up a batch, topped them with a bit of Goldfish cracker flair and voilà, the perfect banana cupcakes for dogs!
I know this isn't the most festive of holiday recipes, but if you are a dog owner and would love to bake up something extra special, these dog-friendly banana cupcakes would be the perfect treat. Just don't put them under the Christmas tree or the entire dozen may be gone and then you'll have a nice mess to clean up Christmas morning.
And nobody wants to clean up a mess Christmas morning.
Our house looks trashed for at least two days and I swear I find bits of tissue and ribbon for weeks after the mayhem.
Printable recipe for dog-friendly banana cupcakes below.
- 2 cups water
- 2 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 T baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3 T honey
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 2 T plain yogurt
- 2 T honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine water, bananas, vanilla, flour, baking powder, egg and honey. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon into cupcake liners.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- When cupcakes are cool, you can frost with cream cheese frosting if desired.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, yogurt and honey until smooth. Add enough flour to thicken until desired consistency.