If you haven’t heard the story of Coco (i.e., how two very anti-pet parents came to buy a dog for their 11-year-old daughter), it’s worth the read.
So now we’ve had Coco for two years and she is my very most favorite lap warmer. I may even catch myself talking to her like adults talk to newborns. It’s kind of a problem
Lauren still loves and adores Coco…even if she forgets to feed her from time to time. When Coco turned two in October (she shares a birthday with Madison), Lauren was all over baking some sort of treat—a cupcake for dogs. She scoured the Interwebs and finally found this recipe for banana pupcakes. She baked up a batch, topped them with a bit of Goldfish cracker flair and voilà, the perfect banana cupcakes for dogs!
I know this isn’t the most festive of holiday recipes, but if you are a dog owner and would love to bake up something extra special, these dog-friendly banana cupcakes would be the perfect treat. Just don’t put them under the Christmas tree or the entire dozen may be gone and then you’ll have a nice mess to clean up Christmas morning.
And nobody wants to clean up a mess Christmas morning.
Our house looks trashed for at least two days and I swear I find bits of tissue and ribbon for weeks after the mayhem.
Printable recipe for dog-friendly banana cupcakes below.
- 2 cups water
- 2 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 T baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3 T honey
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 2 T plain yogurt
- 2 T honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine water, bananas, vanilla, flour, baking powder, egg and honey. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon into cupcake liners.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- When cupcakes are cool, you can frost with cream cheese frosting if desired.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, yogurt and honey until smooth. Add enough flour to thicken until desired consistency.
Feel free to “like” is this REALLY my life? on Facebook. It won’t always earn you an extra entry in a giveaway but it will give you warm fuzzies.