Corn flakes and spices are the secret to these healthy baked chicken fingers with homemade honey mustard. This recipe is totally kid tested and approved!
Who doesn't love chicken fingers? They're crispy on the outside, tender on the inside and serve as the perfect vehicle for delivering ranch dressing, barbecue sauce and honey mustard sauce from dipping bowl to mouth. Plus they're finger food, which makes them even better.
These baked chicken fingers are super versatile. You can add or remove seasonings, double your favorites or try making them exactly as the recipe states. If you want to kick up the spice level, try adding cayenne pepper. You could even throw in a dash of ground cumin—go crazy! I usually make them fairly mild for those family members who aren't into spicy, but next time I totally want to try spicing them up.
Don't forget the honey mustard dipping sauce. I'm a huge fan of Chick-fil-A sauce and although this isn’t a true copycat Chick-fil-A recipe, it does come close. I firmly believe in using raw honey in all my recipes and on top of all my cornbread. It really does taste the best.
Printable recipe for baked chicken fingers with honey mustard sauce below. Enjoy!
- 5 cups cornflakes
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ to 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp seasoning salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 3 T skim milk
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Honey mustard sauce
- ½ cup plus 2 T low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 T Dijon mustard
- 4 T honey
- 1 T lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat two large baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Place cornflakes in a blender or food processor and process until mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs.
- In a shallow dish, combine cornflakes, poultry seasoning, pepper, garlic powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another shallow dish, whisk together egg whites and milk. Set aside.
- Cut chicken into strips or large pieces. Dip each strip into egg mixture, then in crumb mixture, turning to coat all sides. Place on baking sheet.
- Spray tops of chicken fingers with cooking spray. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and coating is golden brown. Serve hot.
Honey Mustard Sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir until thoroughly combined.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 278Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 556mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 27g