I’m not gonna lie. We’re big fans of homemade cookies around here, especially your basic chocolate chip cookie. Our go-to recipe has always been the Award Winning Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies on Allrecipes.com. But last night I wanted to try something new, so we found another highly rated chocolate chip cookie recipe on the site: Best Chocolate Chip Cookies. Madison and Lauren whipped up a batch and they were delicious! I’m definitely going to keep the recipe on hand as a nice alternative to the pudding mix version.
Oh, and these freeze fabulously too. I froze the leftovers and taste-tested one just for you!
Printable recipe for another fab chocolate chip cookie recipe below.
- 1 c butter, softened
- 1 c white sugar
- 1 c packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp hot water
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 c semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 c chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt.
- Stir in flour, chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes or until edges are nicely browned.
- Eat two immediately and freeze the rest so you can enjoy a cold treat around 11:43 p.m. tonight.
Feel free to “like” is this REALLY my life? on Facebook. It won’t always earn you an extra entry in a giveaway but it will give you warm fuzzies.